Dates and venues for the 2018 Topper Traveller Series have been finalised, and we warmly invite all local youth Topper sailors to take part.
The series will comprise six events:
- 2 June – West Wittering SC (go to https://www.wwsc.co.uk/junior-sailing/west-wittering-topper-traveller-event-1 for event NoR and entry form)
- 24 June – AYAC
- 7 July – Lancing SC
- 21 July – Felpham SC
- 5 August – Arun YC
- 11 August – Pagham YC
The Notice of Race (NoR) and Series entry form are attached. The key points to note are:
- The attached NoR outlines the eligibility criteria to be included in the scoring calculations for the Topper Traveller Series and describes how the scores will be calculated. Registration with WSSYSA (using the attached Entry Form) is required in order for a score to be calculated. There is no fee for entry into the Series
- Each event is organised by the named host club, which will publish a Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions (SIs) specific to its own event. These documents will take priority over the WSSYSA NoR and will describe how to participate in the specific event, including how to register, any entry fee involved, and how the individual event scores will be calculated. The NoR and SIs and will be available from the host club
- The WSSYSA Topper Traveller Series will be scored as described in the Series NoR. Any sailor may use either a 5.3m2 or 4.2m2 sail at any time, providing that a unique sail designation has been provided on the Series registration form (a different sail number on each sail is permitted)
- Notwithstanding the WSSYSA Series scoring, each event may award its own prizes, as described in its NoR and SIs
Prizes will be presented at the end of the WSSYSA 2018 Regatta, which will take place on 8-9 September at Cobnor Activities Centre Trust.